Friday, July 27, 2012

Townsville

We left Midge Point on Tuesday morning and travelled north to the Mountain View Lake Holiday Park at Palm Creek, Giru (just south of Townsville). We only stayed one night as it was old and run down and full of mozzies but still ok for a one nighter as they had new eco toilets and showers installed.
We arrived at the magnetic Gateway Holiday Park, Cluden, Townsville on Wednesday morning and booked in for a week ( this is a Top Tourist resort). We do not have a slab site but where we are is great and we have such a lot of room. The turn over for this park is phenominal and vans come and go every day. The first day we just got settled and then went to the shops to get essentials that we needed. The next day we went for a walk along The Strand (the seafront) in Townsville and it was just beautiful. It took us over 2 hours to walk the full length and back but it was worth it.



The above three pictures are all of the Strand in Townsville but do not do it justice as it is beautiful.

We came back to the Caravan Site and went to a free concert given by Dennis Cuthel formerly of the Aztecs .It was brilliant he played all the old sixties songs for appox 2 hours with only a five minute break.
Today Friday 27th we went to the CastleHill Lookout and I'm afraid I couldn't do the walks. I tried one but because I'm frightened of heights and some of the steps were on the side of the mountain I froze. So poor Stephen had to do them on his own - he took the pictures for me on my phone as my camera decided to pick that moment to run out of battery.





All the above 5 photos are of different views from the top of the lookout. After this we came back to the caravan site and had lunch and then I washed all my net curtains again, dried and put them back up so that we were all clean again. We will see what tomorrow brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment